AACM Instrumental Scholarship
Summer Session July 3rd - Aug. 25th
The AACM Scholarship has been created to provide funding to students showing great promise and dedication in the art of North Indian classical instrumental music. The scholarships range from partial to full coverage of tuition for a two-month course totaling eight classes. Classes will be taught by Alam Khan, son of the late legendary Sarode Maestro Ali Akbar Khan. This round of scholarships will begin July 3rd, 2017 during our Summer Session. The deadline for applying is June 2nd. Scholarship recipients will be informed on June 12th. Grantees are able to re-apply each session.
This scholarship is available to students all over the world through online classes as well as those wishing to study in person at the Ali Akbar College of Music in Marin County, CA. Students must be at an intermediate-advanced level to apply. We welcome students of all instruments as long as they are technically proficient enough to learn the music on their given instrument.
How To Apply -
Students must provide a detailed letter answering the following questions.
1. What is your name, age, email address and phone number?
2. What is your musical background and which instrument do you wish to study on?
3. Where are you located and do you wish to take classes in person or online?
4. Explain why you wish to apply for this grant and how you feel this training will help you in your musical life.
5. Record a 5-10 minute video showcasing your abilities on the instrument of your choice for our panel to review.
Letters and videos should be sent by email to email@example.com, attention: AACM Scholarship Panel.
1. If you choose to take classes online you will need a high speed internet connection and computer.
2. You must provide your own instrument to study on.
3. You must have a device on which to record your lessons.
4. Students will not distribute, share or sell any recordings/musical notation of lessons they have learned through their time studying through AACM. All recordings/musical notation are for the students learning purposes only. A contract will need to be signed to recipients prior to the beginning of the scholarship.
AACM will not provide housing, internet, computer, or any additional materials that students may require while studying.
For any questions or additional info please write to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 415-454-6372